General Guidelines / Site Rules
We were hoping it wouldn't come to this, but thanks to the abuse of the site...
we had to write this up.
1. OBEY THE LAW!!! We can't stress this enough. If a place says no tresspassing, don't tresspass! It is
very easy to ask permission... If they say no, then respect that.
Don't vandalize areas either, by doing this you are not only risking
jail/fines on yourself, you are also ruining it for the rest of us.
Don't damage the locations. I get disgusted when I hear or see locations
get graffiti or worse. If we find out that you are doing this, you will be banned from this site.
2. Do not insult or harass our members, doing so will get you warned and possibly
3. You are always welcome to your own opinion however if you are posting your opinion
on a article please refrain from being rude or unfriendly. Comments should be kept
as friendly, helpful, and constructive as possible. Since we deal with content
that almost everyone has a different personal view on, we get a LOT of 'Bull shit!'
or 'FAKE!!', these will not be tolerated. You do however have the ability/right
to say 'Well I don't think this is real'.
4. Feel free to post articles regarding haunted, strange, or interesting attractions,
however, refrain from posting ads for your services in our listings, members can
create an account and post their info in their profiles or we also have a forum
with specific areas made for such things.
5. Matrix and Hapyangel (Owners/Creators of Strangeusa), reserve the right to disallow
access to our site for whatever reasons we see fit.
6. If we believe you have been spamming/abusing or ignoring any of these guidelines
we will take action by banning you from our site. By IP address, username, email
and whatever else we may consider needed.
7. In general, be considerate... If you aren't, you will be banned. We try to be a family friendly site here.
We don't like playing babysitter.
8. You are responsible for your own choices in life, if you are offended by anything
here, it is your own fault. YOU chose to come here, YOU clicked the links, no one
made you do anything. If you do something, it is your own fault and you agree that
the site owners are not responsible in any way shape or form, directly or indirectly.
9. No automated scraping/data gathering/messaging/spamming of our site. If you want to get some location data, just ask for it...
We will freely give it over, no need to consume our bandwidth with automated bots. If your looking to message our members with spam, go to hell.
10. By using our site, you agree that you are over 18 years of age, or that your
parent or guardian has reviewed this site in its entirety, and checks it every time
before you access it AND has given you written permission to use this site.
This will be updated, and you agree to follow the rules. You further agree to
follow by any rules or guidelines thought up by the site owners.
You also agree that YOU are well aware of your local laws, and that YOU are following them properly. That YOU will be responsponsible for any of your actions at any locations, regardless of where you found the info from.